Thursday, October 12, 2017

Jane Austen

How I wish I lived in a Jane Austen novel!
~Dodie Smith


Do you have a favorite Mr. Darcy or Colonel Brandon? My sixteen-year-old and I disagree about which version has the best Colonel Brandon, but we do agree about Mr. Darcy. Were you wondering when I would finally get around to featuring Jane Austen art? Wonder no more!

Jane Austen sculpture at Winchester Cathedral
photo by Jason Ballard

Sitting with Jane, Basingstoke
photo by Heather Cowper

walk on
by andrea joseph

The Examination of All the Letters Which Jane Had Written to Her
by Isabel Bishop

Dromen van Jane Austen (Dreams of Jane Austen)
by FotoBIB

Jane Austen
by Antony

Chawton Mittens
pattern and photo by The Bees

Jane Austen book plate fabric, from a Mansfield Park illustration
photo by Karen Cox


I love this quote of Mark Twain's because I always wonder, "How many times did he read it? Wouldn't once have sufficed?":

“Every time I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.”
~Mark Twain


1 comment:

Pop said...

Lovely variety of things Austen...got a real kick out of the mittens. :-)